Music festival period in the Coachella Valley is nearly listed here. That usually means a lot of people will be in the desert and it also signifies a lot of highway closures.
The Coachella Valley Tunes and Arts Pageant will be held at the Empire Polo Club on April 15, 16 and 17 and April 22, 23 and 24. The Stagecoach Nation Audio Pageant is held on April 29, 30, and May 1.
Distinctive Coverage Area: Pageant Year
The city of Indio unveiled its competition traffic prepare and facts in advance of the two festivals.
From Thursday, April 14 through Sunday, April 17, Thursday, April 21 through Sunday, April 24, and Thursday, April 28 through Sunday, May perhaps 1, the adhering to roadways will be principal entry routes for the festivals.
Count on important impact to targeted visitors at the pursuing locations:
- Jefferson Road, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Road, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Avenue 48 involving Jefferson and Jackson
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Avenue
- Highway 111 at Monroe Avenue
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe
- I-10 exit eastbound at Washington
On each Friday of the festivals, by each Monday, the next roads will be closed:
- Avenue 49 amongst Hjorth Avenue and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 amongst Madison Street and Jackson Road
- Hjorth Road concerning Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street involving Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
Count on the pursuing delays:
- Avenue 50 concerning Madison and Monroe Street will experience intermittent closures and delays prior to the festivals.
- Moreover, full closures will arise Friday through Sunday, April 15th – 17th, 22nd – 24th and April 29th – May 1st.
- The avenue will reopen to normal targeted visitors designs on May 6th.
- On each Monday following the festivals, streets bordering the festival web-site and Interstate 10 will be fast paced with in excess of 40,000 campers leaving the area.
Think about the subsequent alternate routes:
- North and south travel, use Washington Road, Jackson Avenue, Calhoun Road and Golfing Center Parkway
- East and west vacation, use Highway 111, Fred Waring Travel, Miles Avenue, Dr. Carreon Blvd. and Avenue 54
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner
Mates & Spouse and children/ Taxi Fall Off & Pick Up:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Road on the northeast corner
No pedestrian or pedestrian pageant entry:
· Monroe Avenue amongst Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
· Madison Street among Avenue 50 and Avenue 52
Pedestrian access IS available at the corner of Avenue 49 & Monroe Avenue, at the corner of Avenue 52 & Madison Avenue, and at Avenue 52 & Monroe Street.
Golf carts are not permitted on any of the higher than-stated streets.
Somewhere around 40,000 friends will shuttled into and out of the live performance location from a variety of areas through the Coachella Valley to assistance relieve targeted traffic conditions.
Noise from the competition website could start on each Thursday of the festivals, due to seem checks and on-web page camping visitors.
For concert logistics concerns or issues, you should call 760-391-4112 or e-mail to [email protected].
Stay with News Channel 3 for continuing festival protection.
Be the very first to know when information breaks in Coachella Valley. Download the Information Channel 3 app right here.