Table of Contents
Tale Carries on Beneath THESE SALTWIRE Films
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — The East Tips have been the huge winners at this year’s New music P.E.I. Awards Social gathering, using dwelling three awards, together with album of the year.
The band, however mourning the reduction of member Koady Chaisson, also received for songwriter of the 12 months and one of the year. Accepting the awards on behalf of the band were J.J. Chaisson, Kevin Chaisson and Donnie Richard.
“I actually skip my minimal brother,” explained J.J., as he held the award.
Koady experienced contributed a ton of the composing on the album, and J.J. reported he was glad Koady’s work would stay on in the band’s upcoming songs.
“If there’s something we can discover from that person, it’s to keep trudging ahead.”
Other huge winners had been the Atlantic String Equipment, The Burning Hell and Lennie Gallant, every single taking residence two awards.
Atlantic String Machine, the 5-human being string group, gained instrumental recording of the year and accomplishment in classical songs.
Its newest album, “A One Juniper Write-up,” functions, primary compositions centred on the lifetime of William Critchlow Harris, a Maritime architect.
“It’s an attention-grabbing album, (and) we’re seriously happy of it simply because almost everything (on it) we wrote ourselves,” stated Natalie Williams Calhoun, cellist with the group, when she spoke to SaltWire Community before the present.
Williams Calhoun also experienced three nominations of her own and was thrilled to be equipped to take part in P.E.I. Tunes Week.
Life time of achievements
The late Maureen McTague was awarded the Tunes P.E.I. Life span Achievement Award.
Laura Oakie accepted the award on her friend’s behalf.
“With her innate skill to make any individual feel particular, artists had been always so comfy and thrilled to do the job with Mo,” stated Oakie, from the podium. “Her legacy is a terrific a single.”
In 2018, McTague went to perform as the government assistant to Shania Twain, and the place music star despatched a video acknowledging McTague’s get the job done.
“I only have the fondest recollections and the deepest respect for Maureen,” stated Twain. “We miss her. She’s long gone, but she’s living on through this appreciation.
“Maureen unquestionably justifies it.”
Up coming era
The Lloyd Doyle New Artist of the 12 months Award, the only award with a money prize attached to it, went to Ava and Lily Rashed. The sisters have steadily labored their way to the award with performances across Prince Edward Island and over and above.
“Wow! We have been not expecting this at all,” claimed Ava when she and Lily recognized the award.
After they thanked their critical folks, which includes their mother and father who drove them to their gigs throughout the Island and beyond
“We’re just heading to hold making you fellas proud,” mentioned Ava. “Thank you so a lot for your help.”
And the winners are:
- Combat Personal computers Electronic Presence of the Year – Brandon Howard Roy
- Lennox Island First Nation Tunes Video clip of the 12 months – Andrew Waite for Comprehensive Time Tryin’ 2 Luv
- Downtown Charlottetown Pop Recording of the 12 months – KINLEY for Daylight
- Long & McQuade Educator of the Yr – Tunes Alive Program with Richard Pellissier-Lush and Ryan Elliot Drew
- P.E.I. Mutual Instrumental Recording of the Calendar year – Atlantic String Machine for A Solitary Juniper Publish
- The Guild Achievement in Classical Songs – Atlantic String Equipment
- SRL Remedies Marketplace Particular person of the Yr – Alyssa Gallant
- Rising Time Group Fund Lloyd Doyle New Artist of the Calendar year – Ava and Lily Rashed
- Fiddling Fisherman Lookout R&B/Soul Recording of the Yr – Logan Richard for Are living at the Trailside
- Cymba Songs Publishing Reside Songs Creation Professional of the Calendar year – Kyle Gallagher
- Maritime Electrical Dwell Sector Award – Below the Spire New music Festival
- KENT Neighborhood Contributor of the Year Award – Mi’kmaq Heritage Actors
- Upstreet/Libra Solitary of the Calendar year – The East Tips for More powerful Than You Know
- Arsenault Finest Cameron & Ellis Life time Achievement Award – Maureen McTague
- Caledonia Dwelling Roots Recording of the 12 months – Lennie Gallant for Christmas Day on Planet Earth
- Holland Faculty Musician of the 12 months – Nick Gauthier
- The Buzz Album Artwork of the Year – The Burning Hell for Garbage Island
- Souris Credit history Union Rooted to the Island – Christine Campbell
- Metropolis of Charlottetown Rap/Hiphop Recording of the 12 months – Vince the Messenger for If These Partitions Could Discuss
- Atlantic Lottery Recording Sector Award – Adam Gallant
- Find Charlottetown Rock Recording of the Yr – The Burning Hell for Rubbish Island
- SOCAN Songwriter of the Yr – The East Ideas
- Whitecap Enjoyment Entertainer of the Calendar year – Lennie Gallant
- Issue Album of the 12 months – The East Pointers for Home of Dreams
Alison Jenkins is a reporter with the SaltWire Community in Prince Edward Island. She can be arrived at by e mail at [email protected] and adopted on Twitter @ReporterAlison.